The GIETMAN cycling event, organised by the MTBMAN Foundation http://www.mtman.org is a combined tour program and bike race, testing cyclists’ fitness over short distances on a set route. Participants will depart together from the starting line, heading to the first discharge point. After participants complete the first stage of the event they will depart from the same point to begin the next activity—the Strava segment, where participants can speed up their bikes and race each other to achieve a high ranking. After completion of the second stage, they will continue to the final discharge point to attend a tribute ceremony honouring the winner.
DETERMINING THE WINNER
The GIETMAN committee will determine first place and contestants’ rankings in the competition based on their rankings on the Strava app. The participant who is ranked first will receive recognition in the form of the GIETMAN trophy. Ownership of the GIETMAN trophy is passed on at each event—the holder of the trophy is obliged to return it for the next GIETMAN event, where contestants will have another opportunity to compete for it. Participants ranking second and onwards may also win a prize provided by the committee.
GIETMAN CYCLING REWARD
Often in sporting events, contestants try their best, rising to any challenge thrown at them whether it be a heavy load or a time limit and attempting to meet the objectives of the challenge without receiving significant recognition—for example a weightlifter who tries their utmost to lift a heavy load, but is unable to get the weights off the ground, or a cyclist who makes themselves red in the face struggling to get their bike up a steep hill. In Balinese, this concept is referred to as ‘megiet.’
The word ‘gietman’ is a combination of the word ‘man’ and the Balinese root word ‘giet,’ in recognition of those contestants who give their all despite difficulties and limited success. In an attempt to recognise not only achievement but effort, the GIETMAN CYCLING REWARD will be awarded to contestants who, over set times and distances, are seen entering into the spirit of the event and doing their best under the set conditions.
EVENT COMING SOON ! REGISTER NOW
Competitive bike tour and cycling program, testing fitness of cyclists with predetermined routes. Participants will depart from the starting line (Resto Apung) together with a max speed of 30km/h led by the road captain to some specified stop points. Participants can accelerate their bikes and race against each other to achieve high rankings during the highest ranking competition event in the Strava app for exciting prizes that are only few km long at the committee-determined point. there are two types of routes that must be selected when you fill out the online or offline application form: FULL MARATHON or HALF MARATHON (Route & Segment Link Below Description). There will be 2 segments that are contested in the black lava and climb to the highest peak. Participants who chose FULL MARATHON had the chance to win 2 segments as they would pass. Upon completion of the stage, the participants will proceed to the next point and finish at Resto Apung to attend the ceremony of honoring the medal finisher for the participant, the podium for the winner and lunch. is not a pure race activity, this is a cycling tour activity and only compete a few km for the segment winner in Strava app.
REGISTRATION PERIOD :
A. Period 1 : 01st May to 25th July 2018 : IDR. 300.000
* IDR. 200.000 (BALI ID ONLY)
* Student (max Senior High School) : IDR. 100.000 (all period)
B. Period 2 : 26th July – 31st July 2018 : IDR. 400.000
* Online Registration at www.gietman.org
– Fill out the Form online with your email account
– Immediately make a transfer payment in the account listed.
– By completing the form and transfer payment you will get a reply email from the committee for confirmation has fulfilled the registration requirement and officially become the participant.
* Offline Registration at Rodalink Teuku Umar Denpasar
– Fill out the form provided
– Make a direct payment / cash at the place of registration.
– By completing the form and payment you have officially become a participant.
Transfer address :
Bank Indonesia Account : Bank Rakyat Indonesia, Kantor Cabang Kuta
Jl. Dewi Sri No. 99X – Kuta – Badung – Bali – Indonesia
Swift Code : B R I N I D J A
NAME : YAYASAN ATLIT NUSANTARA
ACCOUNT NO. : 055 601 000 699 309
* Participants will apply: Medal Finisher, Starter kits, 1 lunch box, Refreshments during event, luck draw, podium prize.
Personal Technical Meeting, August 18th, 2018 (personal) is held at Batur lake/detail location will info soon, 12.00PM – 15.00PM (your arrival is free between those times). Taking attendance numbers and various information to be submitted by the committee.
The event on August 19th, 2018, participants must come at 06.00PM to re-register Start at 07.00PM.
For participants who want to park the car near Start point should arrive earlier.
Route Full Marathon : https://www.strava.com/clubs/283311/group_events/325055
Route Half Marthon : https://www.strava.com/routes/13246669
Black Lava Segment : Coming Soon
Climbing Segment : Coming Soon
*Hotel Information (Resto Apung): +62 81337755411
More info, contact:
+62 81236586365 (New Kadek)
Facebook: Gietman Foundation
Youtube: Bali Cycling
FULL MARATHON ROUTE
HALF MARATHON ROUTE
Personal Technical Meeting and pick up stater kit 12:00 to 15:00 on 18 August 2018 at RESTO APUNG - KINTAMANI, Bali-Indonesia
19 August 2018
Start at RESTO APUNG
km 20 Stop Point
km 27 Stop Point
km 33 Stop Point
km 48 Stop Point
|13:00||km 57 Finish|
Finish at RESTO APUNG (ceremony, Lunch)
GIETMAN committee members are highly dedicated to increasing public recognition of cycling as a sport in Indonesia. They have been successful cyclists in Indonesia who have played a prominent role in improving the cycling industry and ensuring cycling is recognised as a respectable profession. The committee consists of:
1. Committee Chairman (Wayan Kertayasa)
2. Secretary (Kadek Dwipayana)
3. Treasurer (Komang Sutama)
4. Activities Coordinator (Gede Cakra Negara)
5. Marshal Activities Director (6 members)
6. Equipment Director (4 members)
Requirements and Provisions for Contestants
1. You must be able to cycle well over a predetermined course
2. You must use your own bicycle
3. Bring your own bike accessories
4. You must use the Strava app
5. You must pay enrolment costs in full
6. Obey GIETMAN’s rules and regulations
This activity will be funded by enrolment costs and sponsors.
1. Office Stationery
2. Web maintenance costs and event promotion
3. Activities administration
B. Route Equipment
1. Participant Numbers
4. Marshal Flags
5. Prizes for the winners
6. Ambulance team
Requirements for Participants
1. Participants must be members of GIETMAN
2. Participants must be able to cycle well on the GIETMAN route
3. Participants must use their own bike and equipment
4. Participants must use the Strava app
5.Participants must pay the enrolment fee
6.Participants must obey GIETMAN’s rules and regulations
Participants attending the event are expected to come from both in-country and overseas. There will hopefully be as many as 100 contestants ranging in age from 15 to 60 years.
Rights and Responsibilities of Participants
1. Participants have the right to treatment/care if necessary, comprehensive activities, food and drink throughout the activity
2. Participants must follow GIETMAN’s rules and regulations
Rules and Regulations
1. The enrolment fee cannot be refunded
2. You may not compete by proxy/enlist someone else to compete for you
3. The committee may document the event in various ways for promotion purposes
4. Bikes used must be serviced for use on public roads
5. Maximum speed limit 35km/h
6. Participants must obey Indonesian traffic laws
7. Use the Strava app to determine your GIETMAN ranking
8. Rankings are determined based on Strava results only
9. Participants must follow the activity fully and accept the results determined by the committee
10. Do not use a mobile phone or headset while cycling.
11. Participants may follow other contestants but must not push them off the road
12. Participants must be polite at all times
13. Age of participants must be between 15 and 60 years
14. Participants must attend the initial qualification and technical meetings
15. Participants must not be partake in any behaviour that gives GIETMAN a bad name
16. Participants must respect local customs and traditions
17. Your bike must be in good condition. It is your responsibility to maintain your bike and examine it carefully for faults before you compete. Check your brake pads, gears and brake cables, tires, wheel alignment, smooth gear changes, seat height and comfort before the event.
18. A helmet and gloves must be worn at all times when you are riding.
19. Wear bright clothes. This will make you more visible to others.
20. Do not ride alone. Always ride in a group with a guide.
21. When you ride through a village, slow down and always watch for children, chickens and dogs.
22. Do not come too close to the back of another cyclist, especially on a downhill slope or when riding in the dark (morning or night).
23. Look around constantly to make sure cyclists behind you are safe
24. Use clear hand signals to warn cyclists behind you if there are dangers ahead
25. If you need to stop (to rest or recover) ensure it is safe to do so. Avoid stopping on a bend and make sure a committee member can clearly see you.
26. If you stop to use the toilet or for a drink break, keep an eye on your bike and personal possessions.
27. If you must rest in an area where you are not easily seen by vehicles, please inform us of your location (perhaps by parking your bike at the edge of the road) so our support crew can assist you if you need it.
28. Activities can be stopped by the committee for safety and security reasons.
29. Warm up and stretch before riding your bike
30. Bring everything you need to keep your bike maintained and to look after your health
31. Participants are responsible for any damage occurring during the duration of the GIETMAN program
32. Participants are responsible for any losses or damage they do to others participants’ property.
33. GIETMAN is not covered by insurance.